Applications to the AISTS MSA 2017 are now closed.
IMPORTANT: The AISTS MSA 2018 will start towards the end of September 2017. The application system will be open at the latest by 1st October 2016. Exact application deadlines will be posted shortly.
There are approximately 40 participants accepted each year and the application requirements are as follows:
Participants must possess a university degree
Participants must be planning to pursue a career in the sports world
Participants must be fluent in English as all lectures are given in English
Participants should have some years of work experience
Participants must complete the online application form and attach all requested documentation
All the application files are reviewed and decided by the MSA Scientific Committee within 6 weeks after the application deadline. All the candidates are informed of the selection decision by e-mail and regular mail.
On-Line Application Form
Applications must be submitted via the on-line application form. Applications to the AISTS MSA 2017 are now closed.
1) One passport-size picture
Please ensure that your photo respects the following conditions:
Ratio 3/4 (width / height, usual passport photos are 3.5 x 4.5 cm)
Photo size minimum 240 x 320 pixels
Less than 2 MB
Clear and spotless photo
Face centered and clearly visible
No copy of your passport and no stamps on the photo
2) A scanned copy of passport
Please submit a clearly scanned copy of your passport. Your photo must be clearly visible.
3) A 2-3 page motivation letter
The Scientific Committee will very carefully consider your motivation letter (2-3 pages). Please include in your letter at least the following points:
What do you consider to be the key problems facing sport today?
What are your motivations for applying to the MSA Master?
Where and in which sector of activity do you intend to work after obtaining your Master's degree? Make note of any sports organisations/companies that you are in close contact with / are planning to work.
How do you plan to finance your course fees and living costs during the duration of the course (one year)?
4) Your Curriculum Vitae / Resume
5) Two letters of recommendation (in English, addressed to the AISTS Selection Committee)
Please ensure that the following points are covered in your letter of recommendation:
Circumstances under which the applicant has been known
Strengths and weaknesses of the candidate
Accomplishments and personal value
6) Certified (signed and stamped by the University) copies of your University degree and grades (transcripts)
If these documents are not in English or French, a certified translation, in either English or French, must be provided along with the aforementioned documents.
For non-native English speakers, a language test by an approved institution is required.
TOEFL min scores: 550 paper, 213 Computer, 85 Internet (min. 20 for each section) IELTS min score: 6.5
NOTE: Changes to the AISTS MSA English Language Test Requirements for 2016 and beyond
Commencing from the 2016 edition of the AISTS MSA programme onwards, the following changes apply to the English Language Test requirements:
Applicants whose mother tongue is not English will need to submit their English Lanaguage test results from an approved institution as part of the application process.
- TOEFL (internet-based): overall score of 85 with at least a score of 20 for each component.
- Please note that 85 is the minimum acceptable score for the internet-based TOEFL test and 6.5 for the IELTS test, however our most competitive applicants achieve an average score of 95 and 7.5 respectively.
- Completing studies at a University taught solely in English is not sufficient to prove your level of English. The selection committee will require the submission of an English test result.
Minimum Scores required for 2016 applicants and beyond:
TOEFL min scores: 550 paper, 213 Computer, 85 Internet (min. 20 for each component) IELTS min score: 6.5
For more information, please write to email@example.com