Applications to the AISTS MAS in Sport Administration 2017 are now closed.
IMPORTANT: The AISTS MAS in Sport Administration 2018 will start towards the end of September 2017. The application system will be open at the latest by mid-September 2016.
We encourage potential participants to apply early to secure their place on the programme. The application deadlines for the 2018 edition are:
- 1 November 2016
- 1 February 2017
- 1 May 2017
There are approximately 40 participants accepted each year and the application requirements are as follows:
Participants must possess a university degree
Participants must be planning to pursue a career in the sports world
Participants must be fluent in English as all lectures are given in English
Participants should have some years of work experience
Participants must complete the online application form and attach all requested documentation
All the application files are reviewed and decided by the MAS in Sport Administration Scientific Committee within 6 weeks after the application deadline. All the candidates are informed of the selection decision by e-mail and regular mail.
On-Line Application Form
Applications must be submitted via the on-line application form. Applications to the AISTS MAS in Sport Administration 2017 are now closed.
1) One passport-size picture
Please ensure that your photo respects the following conditions:
Ratio 3/4 (width / height, usual passport photos are 3.5 x 4.5 cm)
Photo size minimum 240 x 320 pixels
Less than 2 MB
Clear and spotless photo
Face centered and clearly visible
No copy of your passport and no stamps on the photo
2) A scanned copy of passport
Please submit a clearly scanned copy of your passport. Your photo must be clearly visible.
3) A 2-3 page motivation letter
The Scientific Committee will very carefully consider your motivation letter (2-3 pages). Please include in your letter at least the following points:
What do you consider to be the key problems facing sport today?
What are your motivations for applying to the AISTS MAS in Sport Administration?
Where and in which sector of activity do you intend to work after obtaining your Master's degree? Make note of any sports organisations/companies that you are in close contact with / are planning to work.
How do you plan to finance your course fees and living costs during the duration of the course (one year)?
4) Your Curriculum Vitae / Resume
5) Two letters of recommendation (in English, addressed to the AISTS Selection Committee)
Please ensure that the following points are covered in your letter of recommendation:
Circumstances under which the applicant has been known
Strengths and weaknesses of the candidate
Accomplishments and personal value
6) Certified (signed and stamped by the University) copies of your University degree and grades (transcripts)
If these documents are not in English or French, a certified translation, in either English or French, must be provided along with the aforementioned documents.
For non-native English speakers, either a TOEFL or IELTS language test is required. The minimum test scores are listed below:
- TOEFL min scores: 550 paper, 213 Computer, 85 Internet (min. 20 for each section)
- IELTS min score: 6.5 (with no section score under 6.0)
NOTE: Changes to the AISTS MAS in Sport Administration English Language Test Requirements for 2017 and beyond
Commencing from the 2017 edition of the AISTS MAS in Sport Administration programme onwards, the following changes apply to the English Language Test requirements:
Applicants whose mother tongue is not English will need to submit either TOEFL or IELTS English Lanaguage test results as part of the application process.
- TOEFL (internet-based): overall score of 85 with at least a score of 20 for each component.
- IELTS: overall score of 6.5 with no section score under 6.0.
- Please note that 85 is the minimum acceptable score for the internet-based TOEFL test and 6.5 for the IELTS test, however our most competitive applicants achieve an average score of 95 and 7.5 respectively.
- Completing studies at a University taught solely in English is not sufficient to prove your level of English. The selection committee will require the submission of an English test result.
Minimum Scores required for 2017 applicants and beyond:
TOEFL min scores: 550 paper, 213 Computer, 85 Internet (min. 20 for each component)
IELTS min score: 6.5 (with no section score under 6.0)
For more information, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org