The mission of the AISTS is to bring a positive contribution to the management of spot through post-graduate and executive education, as well as applied research, consulting and services by developing, integrating and delivering multidisciplinary knowledge from human sciences, life sciences and engineering sciences.
The AISTS is located on the campus of the University of Lausanne and EPFL in the new Synathlon building, a unique venue for sport, training and research opened in 2018.
THE AISTS FOCUSES ITS ACTIVITIES ON THREE KEY PILLARS:
Developing higher education in sports through adapted programs for both individuals and organisations.
Applied research, studies, expertise and consulting; providing knowledge and expertise to sport stakeholders by applying a multi-disciplinary approach.
Acting as a connector inside the world of sport as well as an interface connecting actors outside the sports domain with sport stakeholders.
WHAT ARE THE OBJECTIVES OF THE AISTS?
- To design, develop, administer, and run educational sports programs, in particular for sport leaders and sport managers
- To conduct studies and mandates
- To provide consulting services at regional, national and international levels
- To interface between sport federations and research institutions
- To facilitate sport innovation and technology transfer
- To promote Lausanne, the Olympic Capital and its areas as an international hub for sports institutions
WHY IS THE AISTS SO UNIQUE?
- The International Olympic Committee is a founding member of AISTS foundation
- Strong links to the Olympic Movement through many projects and partnerships
- Main headquarters in Lausanne, the Olympic Capital
- Connections in the sports world
- Swiss universities with top World rankings are founding members: IMD Business School, EPFL, EHL (Lausanne Hotel School), UNIL (University of Lausanne), University of Geneva
- Multidisciplinary expertise with over 100 lectures
- Scientific knowledge and real-world expertise
- Swiss quality of excellence