AISTS SUSTAINABLE SPORT & EVENTS OPEN MODULE (2 DAYS)
Sport and sport events have the potential to impact our society in both positive and negative ways. The ability of a sport federation or organisation to balance the economic, environmental and social impact of their activities, including events they host, organise or govern is critical to the future development of their sport. We are living on this planet as if we had another one to go to.
Now more than ever, sports managers and event organisers have the opportunity to positively harness sport for the benefit of society, and by doing so, contribute to their organisation’s bottom line
THE NEXT SSE WILL TAKE PLACE FROM THE 2ND – 3RD OF APRIL, 2020.
REGISTRATION WILL OPEN SHORTLY.
Over two days the Sustainable Sport & Events Open Module provides concrete examples of what leading sports organisations, such as the Olympic Games, Formula E and North-American leagues such as the NHL and NBA are doing. The module will take place at the Synathlon located on the University of Lausanne Campus in Switzerland.
Participants will learn from the speakers and from each other about the various ways of integrating sustainability into the core of their businesses, be it a temporary endeavor such as an event or in their daily operations.
Throughout both days, group work and discussions will challenge the existing ideas of sustainability in sport, with a particular focus on the business case for sustainability while simultaneously addressing the demands of multiple stakeholders.
- To incorporate the concept of legacy as the first step into a sustainable event
- To gain a solid understanding of the fundamental ideas behind sustainability and corporate social responsibility
- To understand how sporting events positively or negatively impacts society
- To understand how to balance social equity, environmental integrity and economic efficiency in a sports event
- To understand how sustainability and CSR can be integrated into strategic planning for any given sports organisation
- To acquire tools to plan and manage sport events with regards to sustainability
- To develop the capability to build and implement a sustainability or CSR initiative for a sporting event using the five phases of the GRI sustainability reporting process
- To develop knowledge of how to prepare a sustainability report for a small to medium-sized event
FEE: CHF 960
IFs, NFs & NOC Discount:Employees of International and National Sports Federations and National Olympic Committees receive a discount off the AISTS SSE open module fee.
Please email email@example.com to register and to take advantage of the discount.
- Course materials
- Daily lunch
- Certificate of Completion
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Participants are professional, part-time or volunteer managers and organisers of international sports events, as well as staff from sport federations, corporate sponsors and organising committees looking to successfully incorporate Sustainability into events for further competitive advantage.
Previous participants who have attended the seminar have come from FIFA, FIH, ICF, IAAF, FIE, FIVB, Formula E, Federation of Gay Games, Hong Kong Jockey Club and the World Economic Forum.
Join an international class of 35-40 participants and a network of like-minded professionals to hear from industry experts from the IOC, NHL, Formula E, Volvo Ocean Race, Quantis and more.